Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

My Healthcare Background

With over seven years now of healthcare experience under my sleeve, I have seen many different things and have seen this industry change over the years too.  I started in 2003 with a company called Advanced Patient Advocacy and was placed in a local hospital to work.  My main focus has been to help patients that come through to apply for government health programs and Social Security disability so they could pay their bills and have a better life.

Over the last seven years I have been with the company, I have helped over 5,000 patients get some type of benefit to help pay their bills.  Programs included Medicaid and State and Local Hospitalization through social services, Veteran's benefits, workman's comp, COBRA, Social Security Disability Income and Supplemental Security Income to name a few.  Most of these I have done so many times I could do it in my sleep.

This experience has helped me gain extensive knowledge on especially Medicaid programs through social services and social security disability through the Social Security Administration.  I have also had the opportunity to retain acquaintances in these departments, and they have been a great ally for me in time of need.

My greatest joy in this line of work has been seeing the happy faces of those I have been able to help and having that sense of fulfillment that I had made a difference in that person's life.  So it is my pleasure to be able to share some of the insights I have drawn from the years of working in this field, and share it with the world.

Helping you get the upper hand to change your life forever,
Peter Bunn
Rising Leader

Want a more stress free life and be able to be home with your family? Learn how to empower yourself with this experience: http://www.workingathome.co/19415?go

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments or suggestions on the post. Any particular subject you want to hear about?