Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Choose Wisely: Picking Your Bible Education

I remember when I was in high school trying to decide where to go to college.  I looked through so many college brochures and material.  At least I had it narrowed down to schools that provide missionary aviation, and they had to be a Bible college.  I wanted my Bible education, and I wanted a good one too.

 It takes a lot to pick the right school.  By the time I had graduated from high school I had narrowed it down to three different schools; Moody Bible Institute, Lancaster Bible College and Piedmont Baptist College.  I had applied to all three and been accepted by two of them; Lancaster and Piedmont.

My Junior year I was able to visit Cornerstone (in Michigan), Lancaster and Piedmont.  I was impressed with Cornerstone although it was a big college, but they dropped their aviation program my Senior year.  I never heard from Moody, so it was between Lancaster and Piedmont.

It took a lot of prayer and consideration of the pros and cons before I decided to go with Piedmont.  Boy am I glad I picked Piedmont!  My four years there were the best years ever.  I learned a ton, made lifelong friends, grew spiritually and in knowledge of the Bible, learned about ministry and ministering.  It was wonderful, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

I just comes to show that if you choose wisely and pick your Bible education wisely, you will profit immensely and enjoy every bit of the journey.  Picking good Bible education is important in your spiritual journey.  It is a time when you can glean from those of wisdom and knowledge, and creates a time in your life that you can treasure for ever.

Helping you get the upper hand to change your life forever,

Peter Bunn
Rising Leader

Want a more stress free life and be able to be home with your family? Learn how to empower yourself with this experience: http://www.workingathome.co/19415?go

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments or suggestions on the post. Any particular subject you want to hear about?