Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Sacrifice: How Far Are You Willing To Go?

After watching and posting the video "The Bridge," I just had to write a post about it.  Something that moving had to be shared.  I don't know if any of you have been in a situation like that, but that was quite a sacrifice that anyone would have a hard time making a decision like that.to do.  It makes you sit back and think about your own life, "How far am I willing to go?  How much am I willing to sacrifice?  Would I give MY life to save another?"  It really makes you think.

Love is a very powerful thing, and it makes people do the most outrageous things.  Our son, Jesse, is only 2 1/2 and I love him very much, but it didn't take me very long to think about it and decide that if it came down to it, I would sacrifice my life to save his.  I would do anything in my power to protect him.  On the other hand, if I was faced with a decision like the father in the video was, it would be very difficult to decide what to do.  One life sacrificed to save many surely sounds like the best decision, but it would be very difficult and painful to make that decision.

What about you?  Do you have someone special in your life; someone you love very much?  Would you be willing to make that decision?  Think about it.  One Man did make that decision over 2000 years ago, and He did it for all of us, to save us all.  What are you going to do about it?  Just wanted to give you something to think about.

Helping you get the upper hand,
Peter Bunn
Rising Leader

Want a more stress free life and be able to be home with your family? Learn how to empower yourself with this experience: www.PeterBunnHasFun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments or suggestions on the post. Any particular subject you want to hear about?