Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

World Cup 2010

 There is no better time to talk about the World Cup than now.  We are halfway through with the quarter finals right around the corner, and the countries are starting to show their true colors.  Here are the standings so far.

2010 FIFA World Cup™: Round of 16

 - Add to iGoogle
Spain1:0Portugal-Highlights
Paraguay0 (5):0 (3)Japan-Highlights
Brazil3:0Chile-Highlights
Netherlands2:1Slovakia-Highlights






Upcoming matches - Quarter-finals:
Netherlandsvs.Brazil-2 Jul 10:00am (ET) on ESPN
Uruguayvs.Ghana-2 Jul 2:30pm (ET) on ESPN
Argentinavs.Germany-3 Jul 10:00am (ET) on ABC
Paraguayvs.Spain-3 Jul 2:30pm (ET) on ABC


 I am personally rooting for Paraguay and Germany.  It is not that these teams are really good, but my wife spent half her life in Germany (that's a given) and I have some friends from Paraguay.  Surprisingly both are still in the game.  I am sorta surprised that Paraguay has made it this far, but you never know.  They had a tough game with Japan, but they beat them in the shoot-outs!

 Here are my predictions for the quarter finals:
Brazil and Netherlands may has a close match, but I think Brazil is going to coming out the winner.
Uruguay is a good team.  I think they will make it to the semi-finals.
I know I am rooting for Germany, but I think Argentina will beat them this time.
This one is probably the toughest to predict, but I think Spain will win and Paraguay will give them a good fight.

Happy watching all you soccer fans.  I will see if I can post another related post during the finals.

Helping you get the upper hand,
Peter Bunn
Rising Leader
Want a more stress free life and be able to be home with your family? Learn how to empower yourself with this experience:
www.PeterBunnHasFun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments or suggestions on the post. Any particular subject you want to hear about?