Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

My Paradigm Shift

I have been reading through Stephen Covey's book "7 Habits of Highly Effective People," and in the beginning of the book Dr. Covey talks about paradigms and what they are, how everyone experiences them to some extent. 

Through all this that is going on with my dad and our whole family, I have experienced a paradigm shift.  A paradigm, according to Dr. Covey, is how people perceive the world and life.  A paradigm shift is when that perception is changed by an event or realization, and you see everything in a whole new light.

This is what has happend in my life.  Experiencing this change in our lives and realizing its impact, I now see life itself and death in a whole new light.  This is something that is hard to explain, but is very real to me. 

In my upbringing I have been taught and studied about life and death according to God's Word.  But now I am seeing what I have read in the Bible and been taught my whole life come to a new light.  It's like it's being played out right in front of my eyes. 

I know I am not the one practically looking at death in the face, but I am right there with my dad, and know his response to it.  For a believer in Christ, death is actually a beautiful thing.  It is the beginning of real life; life with Him forever.  As my dad has quoted his life verse many-a-time, "...for me to live is Christ and to die is gain."  Oh how true that is.

Now I see life and death through my dad's eyes and God's eyes so much more clearly, and I realize how perfect God's plan is in all of our lives.  He has so intricately, in His wisdom, put together a plan for each of us, and we should be striving to live by that plan so that we can truly live in our death for His glory.  Amen!

Helping you get the upper hand to change your life forever,

Peter Bunn
Rising Leader

Want a more stress free life and be able to be home with your family? Learn how to empower yourself with this experience: http://www.workingathome.co/19415?go

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments or suggestions on the post. Any particular subject you want to hear about?