Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

An Introduction

 Hello everyone!  Since this is my first blog post and my blog is just getting on its way, I decided to make my first post an introduction about myself to help you learn more about me and my story.  So, without further due....

I was born in Lebanon, Missouri in the winter of 1979.  That winter just happened to be the worst winter they had had in over 20 years.  In fact the day I was born, my parents one some of the few that made it out that day.  Only 8 months after that my parents moved to Bolivia, South America to an American boarding school called Tambo.  It was there I spent the next 15 or so years growing up, going to school; the usual boy stuff.  

After graduating from high school,  I moved up to the US and stayed with some friends in upper Michigan while working to save up money for college.  In August 1998 I started my first year of college at Piedmont Baptist College in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.  I completed a Bachelor of Science degree there (on time I might add) in May of 2002 and then moved to Richmond, Virginia where I now reside.

So the last 8 years I have spent here in Richmond.  The first two were with my brother, then I met the love of my life.  We got married in July of 2004 and are still happily married.  The best thing that has happened to me, besides getting married, occurred on March 10, 2008.  Our first son was born!  He has been such a blessing and is the joy of our lives.  Now I look back and can't imagine life without him.

A little about my current employment.  I work at a local hospital for a company called Advanced Patient Advocacy.  We help patients who don't have any insurance or have limited insurance coverage to obtain government funded programs provided through the local department of social services in order to help with their medical bills.  I have been with them for over 6 years now, and it has been very rewarding in the sense that I have helped literally thousands of patients get their bills paid.  It has truly been a great journey.  If you know of any hospitals in your area that could use our services, go to this website to get more info,  www.apallc.com.  I am also in the process of starting an online business that will bring in some additional income once I get it underway.  I'm still working on my website, but if you want to check it out, you can go to www.peterbunnhasfun.com.

So that is a brief overview about me.  I hope to see you on my blog in the future. There is a lot more interesting content to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments or suggestions on the post. Any particular subject you want to hear about?